Sunday 17 July 2011

29

Alhamdulillah. Thank you Allah kerana memanjangkan umur saya sehingga ke hari ni. Well as you know ajal ni tak menentu, famous celebrities yang umur tak sampai umur aku sekarang cukup ramai contohnya abang Kurt Cobain (27), Jimi Hendrix (27), Heath Ledger(28) and Sid Vicious (21). And baru tadi, we were informed that our friend’s little sister (also age tak sampai 29) passed away..hmm in a ‘ freak accident’. She was travelling with her husband and friend, I think dalam kancil?, duduk kat belakang, when suddenly a lori terbalik hempap the back portion of their car, mengorbankan not only her, but also the baby inside of her..yang sedih katanya dah dekat nak due..i feel so sorry for the husband (and friend survived), and to my friend (the sister) yang baru deliver her first baby last week..mendoakan agar mereka diberi kekuatan untuk mengharungi dugaan besar dari tuhan ni. Al-Fatihah to arwah.

Alhamdulillah I’ve achieved so much at 29 (duit and harta of course tak pernah dan tidak akan cukup..); the greatest achievement? Having Izza as my best friend, wife and the two masterpieces, Umayr and Anas. At 29, family is everything. Family sake, I’ve been smoke-free since Anas (that’s about 5 months now) and I hope i won’t ever need to light it up again. I’m happy with my life right now. Although there’s a part of me yang menjerit “dude!! Apahal kau layan macam orang tua ni? Pergilah enjoy! Lu baru 29!”.Aku dah jadi orang yang bosan. ‘Bosan’ ni I refer from the “happening” life I had before hidup di Kedah. I blame orang-orang tua yang aku berkawan sekarang. Age is no more a barrier. I now mix a lot with the 30s and the 40s yang tak perlu aku panggil abang/pakcik. I am so old now that whenever I see an IC number that starts with number 9 , say 970717-**-****, mesti aku terfikir, “ hmm 97 aku form 3..aku blab la bla…”. Kalau borak, mesti pasal politics, duit, kerja…ahh boring stuff..what I need is to lepak more with the younger generation,b aru boleh balance sikit. Music, arts this and that..ni petang-petang siram pokok, rake rumput..macam orang pencen..adoi..

Ok..it’s 3 am already, since apak is going to Johor for golf comp sat lagi, tadi we had an early birthday get together dinner, banana leaf, then Swensen’s at SS2. Gemuk gemuk gemuk..tapi sungguh best duduk semeja dengan family..Apak, mak , Abang and family..my family..jarang dapat duduk semeja macam ni…sungguh best..

We’ll see how my day goes..29 and I’m proud..

update: the accident was reported in today's Harian Metro. Not Kancil, it's their Kembara. And Allahyarham tengah mengandung 8 Bulan..


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy 29th birthday Yang!!!!! may u be blessed with good health, longevity, happiness and prosperity!

have a blast one! (eventho agak susah since Anas x sihat) nnti kita qada' k!!!

lots of luv,
*wifey*

Unknown said...

thank you! meh kish sikit meh..